Request for Proposals: Web Based Observation Tool
Build a website that gives users the ability to takes notes, create action steps, give ratings on practices as it relates to one-on-one professional development sessions.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- CLI must own, have full access to and have the right to customize site code.
- Terms for proposal:
- Proposals should be delivered to Michael Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org by 09/08/17.
- All proposals must include a statement of authorization to bid signed by a principal of the responding company
- Parties submitting separate proposals may not discuss pricing information or they will be ineligible to bid on the project.
- Bidder status: bidder must disclose any relevant conflicts of interest and/or pending lawsuits.
Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization with 27 years of experience working directly with teachers to improve children’s ability to read in prekindergarten through third grade. CLI is the first program of its kind proven to positively impact student learning, not just a teachers’ teaching ability.
As we expand to more locations with more employees, and more schools with more teachers, it becomes increasingly important to monitor, assess, and improve our coaching sessions. This tool will help us succeed in schools, improve our services, and provide CLI managers with insight into employees work and tactics with teachers.
TOOLS AND FUNCTIONALITIES
This tool will capture information about coaching sessions between teachers and their coaches.
The following information will be pulled from our SalesForce Database.
- Teacher Name (+ unique ID)
- Teacher Grade
- Teacher School
- Teacher’s Coach (+ unique ID)
- The hierarchical relationship between teachers, coaches, and managers
The following data, to be captured via the website, is to be stored in a new database (not SalesForce)
- Observations (5-10 per year)
- Observation Summary (rich Text input field
- Observation Date (auto-detect, or Calendar input)
- Overarching Goal (drop down list)
- Type of Visit (drop down list)
- Status (drop down list)
- Actionable Next Steps
- Evidence of Progress Towards Goal
- Support And Resources Provided
- Ratings for 4 different goal categories (numeric drop downs)
This observation can be saved, or saved and emailed to the coach it is about. Only two of the fields get emailed, Summary and actionable next steps.
- Skill/Will Records
- Numeric drop down field for Skill rating (teacher)
- Numeric drop down field for Will rating (teacher)
- Notes text field for why those ratings were made
- Date of record creation (auto-detect, or calendar)
This data should be editable.
All of the captured data, as well as, the info taken in from the SaleForce API is to then be presented in a dashboard.
The contents of the dashboard is determined by the user type and the hierarchical relationship set in SalesForce. These user roles, their dashboards, as well as, what the data capture pages should look like have been wire-framed and can be found at the following link:
Site will utilize responsive design and work flawlessly on mobile and desktop.
Point of Contact: Mike Jones, email@example.com, 215-561-4676 ext. 105