Children's Literacy Initiative
Double Your Impact
Make a gift. Empower a child.
A generous supporter of Children’s Literacy Initiative has made a donation of $25,000, and is challenging us to match the gift and double the impact! Your gift today can help equip CLI coaches with the laptops and other technology needed to help teachers work with students who are learning to read in virtual environments.
Trusted & Validated
We’ve received a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, which means we’re accountable, transparent, and financially healthy! View the Report
Sound fiscal management and a commitment to accountability and transparency have earned CLI a Gold Participant rating. View the Report
High Impact Philanthroy
UPenn’s Center for High-Impact Philanthropy identified CLI as on organization where charitable dollars can do the most good. View the Report
Walk into a CLI classroom and you immediately know it's a place to learn and grow. It's a place you wish every child had the opportunity to be.
Other Ways to Give
Donate By Check
CLI welcomes your gift. Please make your check payable to “Children’s Literacy Initiative” and mail to:
Children’s Literacy Initiative
990 Spring Garden St., Suite 400
Philadelphia, PA 19123
Donate via Donor-Advised Fund
Click here to recommend a grant from your donor-advised fund (DAF) to support Children's Literacy Initiative.
Foundation & Corporate Giving
For more information, please contact Janet Pinkerton at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer Matching Gifts
Many employers match charitable contributions made by current or former employees and their spouses. If your company is eligible, please contact your HR office.
Donate Stocks and Securities
Contact us for transmittal instructions if you wish to make a gift to CLI in the form of appreciated securities—publicly traded stocks, bonds and mutual fund shares.
Two thirds of American children cannot read proficiently at the end of 3rd grade.
In low-income neighborhoods there is only 1 age appropriate book for every 300 children.
A child who cannot read
proficiently by third grade is
more likely to leave
high school without a diploma.
In coaching, teachers work with a master educator before, during and after a lesson, getting feedback on their implementation of a newly learned teaching skill.
Coaches & mentors are found to be highly effective in helping teachers implement a new skill.
Numerous studies have shown coaching to be successful at changing teacher practice and improving student learning.
For the 2018-19 fiscal year only 13% of all expenses went towards administration and fundraising costs, the remaining 87% were dedicated solely to the delivery of services to schools.
Federal Tax ID# 23-2515768
For a better look at how Children's Literacy Initiative helps both teachers and children, and how your donations make that possible, check out our most recent annual report here.
Check out our past annual reports below.