Make a gift. Empower a child.


Trusted & Validated


  • Charity Navigator

    We’ve received a 4-star rating from Charity Navigator, which means we’re accountable, transparent, and financially healthy! View the Report

  • GuideStar

    Sound fiscal management and a commitment to accountability and transparency have earned CLI a Gold Participant rating. View the Report

  • High Impact Philanthroy

    UPenn’s Center for High-Impact Philanthropy identified CLI as on organization where charitable dollars can do the most good. View the Report

Two thirds of american children cannot read proficiently at the end of 3rd grade.

In low-income neighborhoods there is only 1 age appropriate book for every 300 children.

A child who cannot read
proficiently by third grade is

4X

more likely to leave
high school without a diploma.

In coaching, teachers work with a master educator before, during and after a lesson, getting feedback on their implementation of a newly learned teaching skill.

Coaches & mentors are found to be highly effective in helping teachers implement a new skill.

Numerous studies have shown coaching to be successful at changing teacher practice and improving student learning.

Our Financials


For the 2016-17 fiscal year only 14.2% of all expenses went towards administration and fundraising costs, the remaining 85.8% were dedicated solely to the delivery of services to schools.

For a better look at how Children's Literacy Initiative helps both teachers and children, and how your donations make that possible, check out our most recent annual report.

You can also view our most recent Form 990, and review our latest audit.

Federal Tax ID# 23-2515768

In our 2016-17 fiscal year, our total operating expenses were $20.12 million and our revenues were $20.58 million.

Expenses

Revenue

Walk in to a CLI classroom and you immediately know it's a place to learn and grow.

It's a place you wish every child had the opportunity to be.

Image