The Legacy Society
Join a movement of supporters and advocates for reading and literacy outcomes, and drive equity and racial justice in education.
TRANSFORMING EARLY LITERACY
Your Legacy. Their Future.
The Legacy Society honors and recognizes donors who have documented their commitment to Children’s Literacy Initiative by will, trust, life insurance, beneficiary designation of retirement plan assets or DAF, or other deferred gifts. Legacy Society members demonstrate their commitment to a shared vision by supporting CLI’s future financial security, ensuring that CLI will continue to provide the essential literacy programs for teachers and students in the future.
Your foresight and investment will have generational impact.
With your support, we will cultivate joyful readers who will change the world.
Benefits and Recognition
CLI honors every planned gift donor with membership in the Legacy Society. As a member, you will enjoy:
- The satisfaction of making a gift that will safeguard high-quality reading education that children impacted by systemic inequity deserve.
- The opportunity, if you agree, for you and your gift to be publicly recognized.
- The option to give anonymously.
- A commemorative Legacy Society pin presented to those supporters who have notified CLI of their intentions to remembered CLI in their will or estate plan.
Making Your Gift to the Children’s Literacy Initiative:
- If you have already arranged for a bequest or other planned gift, we would like to honor your support. You may complete this revocable intention form or contact us.
- If you are still considering such a gift, please let us know so that we may help you and your advisors complete your gift in a way that benefits your estate and makes clear your intention to help CLI.
Sample Language for Your Will
I give, devise and bequeath to Children’s Literacy Initiative (tax identification number 23-2515768), (insert a sum, percentage, specific property, or residue/remainder) of my estate.