Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit
Empowering and supporting educators
Don’t miss out on a great way for your business to invest in a proven way to help more Philadelphia children learn how to read proficiently by 3rd grade. Invest your Pennsylvania Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) credits with Children’s Literacy Initiative (CLI), an approved Educational Improvement Organization (EIO) for 2022-2023!
Get started today! Connect with us.
Current Focus & Need
- Charter Elementary Schools
- K‐2nd grade teachers
- Literacy Support Teachers
- Assistant Principals for Instruction
- School Principals
- In September 2017, CLI won the David M. Rubenstein Prize, the top honor in the Library of Congress Literacy Awards program for the organization making outstanding and measurable contributions in increasing literacy levels across the country.
- Each year since 2008, the University of Pennsylvania’s Center for High Impact Philanthropy (CHIP) identified CLI as an “exemplar agent” in improving early literacy instruction and one of five national educational organizations in which invested dollars do the most good.
Independent Study Proves Children's Literacy Initiative's Methodology Provides Significant Results
- Kindergarten and second grade students in CLI schools scored significantly higher on standardized early reading tests than students whose teachers were not exposed to CLI.
- CLI had a significant positive impact on the quality of teachers’ literacy instruction in both kindergarten and first grade classrooms.
About Pennsylvania’s Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) Program
Donate your EITC credits to help more Philadelphia students read proficiently by 3rd grade. Contact Executive Director Nicole Bethea at firstname.lastname@example.org – or fill out the form above – to get started!
Interested in learning more? Connect with a CLI team member today to learn more about how you can activate EITC to help more Philadelphia children learn how to read proficiently by 3rd grade!