Transforming Early Education
- CLI-served schools accelerated more students to grade-level (as measured by the FSA) than the district’s average.
- Five of the seven BCPS schools showed double-digit increases in FSA third grade reading scores over the three years of CLI implementation.
- As important, CLI-served schools helped more students accelerate out of the lowest performance band when measured against the district average.
2020-21 Funding Needs
Philanthropic support to help close the funding gap in a $1 million, primarily district-funded project
Participating schools include:
- Broward Estates Elementary, Lauderhill
- Deerfield Beach Elementary, Deerfield Beach
- Morrow Elementary, North Lauderdale
- Oakridge Elementary, Hollywood
- Rock Island Elementary, Fort Lauderdale
- Tedder Elementary, Deerfield Beach
- Village Elementary, Sunrise
Match-funding for a multi-year federal Education Innovation and Research (EIR) project targeting improved kindergarten readiness
CLI Broward Advisory Board
Evan J. Goldman, Esq.
Vice President, Community Planning and Government Relations, Jewish Federation of Broward County
Kevin Johnson, D.B.A.
President/CEO, Johnson Management Group & Host, Life After Sports Podcast
Marc Harris, Esq.
Broward Raise a Glass for Reading
- Planning and Host Committee Chair
Lauren M. Alperstein, Esq.
Associate, Boies Schiller Flexner
Vice President, Account Management & Operation L2L Marketing & Communications
Vice President, Treasury Solutions | Truist
Licensed Mental Health Counselor Culmer Counseling Services, LLC.
In Their Own Words
Check out what some Broward County Public School principals and teachers are saying about working with CLI and the results they are seeing!
“My students made great progress in moving up reading levels & demonstrating comprehension.”
“I am looking forward to the support of CLI in the 2020-2021 school year. Although it will be a challenging year, I am committed to adapting and learning for the needs of my future students.”
“I have been teaching 20 years and did not think that I could grow as much as I did. I really feel that I am at my most effective right now because of CLI.”
“Our partnership with CLI in the past three years had a great impact on our teachers’ pedagogy. The focus on a balanced literacy program was strengthened, and students developed a great love for reading. The resources, materials, and coaching made a great impact on teaching and learning.”
“CLI has brought a wealth of knowledge to the teachers as well as support based on school needs.”
Ensure you stay up-to-date with the latest news, impact reports, donor events, and much more.